Below is the plan of what we intend to brainstorm about each topic (and probably write few words about each topic) for gearing up towards Good Governance Yatra*.
Good Governance Yatra, first of its kind initiative in India is being organised by Vision India Foundation.
Full details at Vision India Foundation | Good Governance Yatra
(All Images belong to Vision India Foundation)
Topics to explore for Good Governance Yatra
A. Significant Events of 2015 in India –
Corporate Governance – Evolution of Corporate Governance in India | UjwalAndhra Pradesh
- Definitions of “Good Governance”
- Who is a developed citizen?
- What is the definition of developed citizenry ?
- What it takes to make a citizen developed?
- What is government doing now?
- What can be alternative to the government present policies towards developed citizens?
- Concept of “Enlightened Citizen” by Swami Ranganathananda.
C. Thinking “What How Why” about Good Governance
- De politicisation of major issues in public policy
- Paradigm Shift in Indian Public Policy ?
- Applying “Disaster Management cycle” to all policies
- Looking into process, not the destination. Good governance outcomes are processes . They are not static.
- e- gov, Tech penetration to ground level
- Private (corporate / FDI) investors confidence
- Lokpal, lokayukta
- Judicial activism & Good Governance.
- Good governance – simplification of laws, clarity to citizens.
- Delay in development process & projects – Why it takes so much delay in India ?
- Role of civil society – Indian Constitution – Who are Active Citizens ?
- Crazy mad rush for good governance – The negative side of rushing for Good Governance ! (G. Sampath on Modi government – Op-Ed Why everyone loves ‘good governance’ – The Hindu )
D. Thinking “When Where Who” about Good Governance in India
United States of India !?
- Gujarat Pro capitalist model
- Rajasthan speed reforms Model
- Haryana – Gurgaon Model & Green Revolution Model
- Delhi VS Washington, London, Tokyo, Moscow, Beijing, Paris capital city models
- Delhi – Mughal legacy and Lutyens Delhi
- Kerala social development Model
- Bengaluru +Hyderabad (startup capital) IT development model
- Pune & Chennai (Manufacturing sector capitals ) – MH & TN – Leaders as per many parameters. Why ?
- AP – Pioneer in e–governance. (Srivatsa Krishna ?)
- TN Election freebies
People with Good Vision for Good Governance
- Gandhi and Good Governance
- PV Rao – Rapid Macro Economic Reforms
- Indira Gandhi – Emergency era & JP Narayan
Policies and Schemes of Government of India
- Digital India – (Indian software industry focuses on exporting)
- NAREGA – Good governance
- Why ISRO is successful PSU and why others are not ?
- SEZ and good governance
- Aadhaar – Targeting the correct beneficiaries – good governance
- Sports – Olympics & Good Gov – BCCI – what not to do
- Govt hospitals and governance
- Responsive Citizen Services – Passport services
- Terrific Traffic and good governance
- speedy and less corrupt educational boards, universities (IIT IIM & Local Colleges Gap)
- Law commission, AP Shah Committee.
- Defense reforms & Good Gov
- Avoiding conflict with neighbours – Good governance
E. Our Vision for –
- Andhra 2025
- India 2025
Over next two weeks, our Team Ujwala will come up with short & crispy articles on some of the above mentioned topics.
We encourage readers strongly to come up with ideas, regarding Growth and Development of India – And its linkage with “Governance”.
Stay tuned for more updates on Good Governance & GG Yatra.
Connect with Ujwala on Facebook –
Dont forget to Share our article on Facebook, for supporting us!